Monday, December 13, 2010

Paper Trees

I was inspired by Chez's paper trees on the Crate Paper blog.  The great thing about these little trees is that you can make look however you want.  Go simple, or totally bling them up!  They are also great little gifts for your paper crafting friends.

 You need some paper cones, adhesive, 12 x 12 pattern paper, and the Martha Stewart fringe scissors.  Just so you see how inexpensive this project can be, I got the paper 4 for $1.00 and the paper cones were $3.50 with 4 in a pack.  That is about $1.12 for one basic tree.
My cones have a little hole at the top, so you will want to cover it before you get started. 
Cut strips of paper at 1 1/2 inches by 12 inches.  Then make the fringes with the Martha scissors.
Start applying the strips at the bottom of the cone and work upward.  Leave a little hanging off the bottom on the first strip.
After you cover your cone, fluff your fringes and add some ornaments....or what ever you like.  I think they are even cute without decorations.
 
If you don't have the Martha scissors, you may like the way they made the paper trees that were on the cover of the Scrapbooks etc. magazine too.  Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. I totally wanted to make some trees this year . . .yeah didn't happen. Maybe next year. Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these trees! Thank you so much for all the nice comments you leave. Have a wonderful day =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these turned out great--the stars on the top are my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks heaps for visiting my blog and commenintg.
    You have some AMAZING ideas here - I just love these trees!

    ReplyDelete