Sunday, March 27, 2011

Baby Shower Cake

I made this fondant covered cake for a baby shower. They wanted a bow and I had never made one before, so I went out to YouTube and found a several videos that show you how.  Basically you just cut strips and fold them over to make a loops and make one smaller round loop for the middle.  Let them dry -the biggest thing to remember- and then assemble on top of your cake.  I let the loops dry (over night) on their side so they didn't go flat.  I used a little buttercream to help "glue" everthing in place.


UndertheTableandDreaming

8 comments:

  1. That cake is beautiful! Amazing job on the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous! I'm always in awe of someone who can create a beautiful fondant cake. Visitng from Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! I love these kind of cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out fabulous! And love the owl apron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake is AMAZING!!! WOW what vision/talent you have! I just love your blog!!

    Kaye

    ReplyDelete