Monday, October 22, 2012

Grow your own Zombie!

This is an idea I found on Pinterest.  {Don't you just love Pinterest?!?}  My family is zombie crazy, so I knew I had to make it.  The one I pinned went back to a photo and not a web site with instructions, so I just tried to make it based on the picture.
 
My kids and I made our own hand with plaster, but you can get a hand (and other body parts) at the Dollar Tree.  After the hand was dry I painted it with craft paint that was a mix of gray and a little peach color.  Then I watered down some dark gray to rub into the wrinkles and around the finger nails.  I painted a terracotta pot, filled it with dirt, then stuck the hand in.  Pretty easy, right?  I found a link online that had a printable plant label you can use as the information stake.  It's like the ones you find in new plants, only zombiefied. It looks very similar to the one they used on the original pin. Here is the link: zombie plant label
 
 
 


 
 

This is the back of the hand and label:

 

1 comment:

  1. Do you happen to have the back of the tag too? We love this! Thanks! Love hugs and prayers
    Carol

    ReplyDelete